"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" Ansell Adams.

Friday, August 26, 2011

Book week parade.

I was at Charlie's book week parade this week and as part of Kat Slomas find your eye course,  I took loads of photos.It was an opportunity to experiment with taking photos of things that I feel less comfortable with. I don't feel confident taking people shots, because people move.
Especially at an event like this!
It was fun and I took a few that I really liked- I loved this one of Charlie.
He was dressed up as a character from a series called Maximum Ride. About orphans who had science experiments performed on them- hence the wings....
His lovely library teacher was the Mad Hatter, I really like how colourful she was...
 I liked this shot of a teacher dressed as a witch in the middle of a crowd of children...
And I quite enjoyed taking a close up, I loved this smile....

It was fun, the kids looked like they enjoyed it, the teachers were all dressed up, and I found that if you take a lot of photos you're bound to get a few good ones.

5 comments:

  1. Looking at these I'd never have known you didn't like photographing people! The top two of Charlie are beautiful. I love the mad hatter and the witch amongst the children is a great contrast which really made me smile. Becsx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mad hatter pic is amazing. Becs is right--one would never guess that people photos aren't quite your thing, because these are really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How brave of you to shoot people - I still have not made that leap! I think it is a control issue for me - people move and have minds of their own.

    Great shots all but the Mad Hatter is really amazing - the colors are fabulous! Really well done for stepping outside your comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I have to agree with everyone else. These are GREAT! ~Lee

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did beautifully with these Leanne, and this looks like it was such a wonderful time for all!

    ReplyDelete