"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" Ansell Adams.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Finding my eye

I have just completed a finding your eye e-course by Kat Sloma and I thought I would tell you about it.
 (Just in case you were thinking of doing one)
These are the things that I loved about the course:
  • Receiving an email twice a week that was for me!
  • Thinking about photography- we were encouraged to photo journal, which was great. It helped me to articulate what I like to photograph, what I don't like to photograph, what motivates me and influences my approach to taking photos
  • Kat's approach to art & creativity-looking at what we observe & what inspires us. Gently encouraging us to travel on our own journey- to find our unique eye.
  • Being encouraged &inspired by fellow class members, each with different skills, interests & passions.
  • Everyone can work at their own pace, no pressure to complete tasks in a given time frame.
SO...
I'm feeling more confident in my photography!
  • Confident to continue to take photos of things that I'm familiar with....

  • more willing to have a go at shots of things that I find harder (& even consider a bit of editing)...

  •  and being more confident to share myself through my photos....

Basically, I'm inspired to keep on taking photos!

Click the button to find out more about the courses:

8 comments:

  1. I am happy to hear that. I did enroll for the next round, cannot wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a good idea, I should do a post on this too. I LOVE your photos, absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leanne, your photos are always fantastic and I especially like your selfie here. I enrolled in the class but didn't "attend" any of them, so I guess shame on me! I'm happy that you found inspiration and introspection, that's truly beautiful. happy day to you Leanne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is SO nice to see you Leanne! I love that your confidence has increased in so many ways. I can see it in your smiling face! Thank you so much for this wonderful post summing up Find Your Eye and for your great participation in the course. It would not have been the same without you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leanne,
    It is amazing what a supportive group of fellow artists and a creative road map as provided by Kat can do for one's confidence. That is the greatest gift of all.

    Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my own journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you've got that element of emotion in your photos that make them sing. beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great post! I think we've all grown in confidence, I know I have. I've enjoyed your photos and your posts! It has been a fun journey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post is a wonderful summary of what the course meant to you. Your photo of the baby and Mom (?) is so sweet. It's been fun sharing the class with you.

    ReplyDelete