"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" Ansell Adams.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

The colour wheel

I was just reading this post & thought I would have a look through some of my photos to find how I use colours on the colour wheel.

This front section of a beetle is an example of a triadic colour scheme. Red, yellow, blue- the primary colours- all equally spaced on the colour wheel.
I wonder if this is too- with the red & blue of Charlies' clothes and the yellow(?) of the sand.
This lavender below with the orange flower background and a hint of green is also triadic except with secondary colours.
And I'm not really sure about this one...purple, green & brown (& sand)?
There are so many colour combinations....check out Kat Sloma's Exploring with the camera to find some really great explanations of how all the colours fit together.




6 comments:

  1. Wonderful Leanne! I love your primary triadic images. I think the sand really does work for the yellow and it makes that image of Charles really stand out. I hope you had fun looking for the combos! I'm so glad to see your images and have you link in to Exploring with a Camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great. I need to read that post, thanks for sharing the post and your great images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found some great examples, Leanne! I had a really hard time finding primary triadic images in my collection. I really love the lavender against the orange -- beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful! I haven't started looking for my color wheel photos yet! I love the "bug" what a perfect find!! You've inspired me to get moving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A car painted the 3 primary colors? How fun! Great photo! Actually, great photos! I love your purple/orange/green find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun color combos, loving the lavender.

    ReplyDelete