"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" Ansell Adams.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Found texture

After reading Kat Sloma's post for Exploring with the camera series: Found Texture,
 I thought I would keep my eyes open for some texture on a recent trip into the city.
I didn't have to look too far: Sydney is full of texture.
Many of the early Sydney buildings were made of sandstone.
Here are a combination of textures outside the Museum of Sydney.
I found some more texture on our ferry trip home.
Dirty, rough ropes,
 shells attached to the sandstone walls and the pole at the wharf,
and a smooth, shiny  painted seat.

12 comments:

  1. Great collection of textures - love the rope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful, and I love all the different textures you found. It's wonderful to experience your world through your lens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you found the most amazing textures!! I love the photo with the shells on the wall and pole!! Not only are the textures great but the colors are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful textures. Love the contrasts in sandstone and the ropes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. when I did scavenger hunt this week I was confused about what, precisely, found texture would be. I thought all texture was found! and it's a term I'd never heard before. a light went on, and now I see. I see your wonderful examples of found texture. I love the shells and moss on the brick wall, but they're all fantastic - the coiled rope, and the glossy red bench. nicely seen and captured. happy day to you Leanne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really found some nice textures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are great photos. love these parts of Sydney. my favourite to visit. enjoy your day. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've given us great Sydney textures. I love the tones of the first set and the green and red combination is a great finale.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your first shot. Wonderful texture and dof

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great texture finds! Love your photos and the angles you choose to shoot from.

    ReplyDelete