"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" Ansell Adams.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Twinkling lights

I was in town yesterday so I made a brief detour by the Queen Victoria Building beautifully decorated for Christmas with lots of twinkling lights.
The Christmas tree is so BIG!  It's 3 storeys tall.
This dome with lights is Santa's place and the enormous tree is in the background.
 This baby looked so precious in Santa's arms...
And here is a section of the tree with lights. I couldn't manage a photo of the whole tree. 

11 comments:

  1. Nice to find your blog! ooh, these are so Christmasy, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! a tree three stories tall. that is one tall tree. I think there are probably Christmas trees here that are that tall, but I've never seen them. I love the dome of lights, and yeah, the baby is adorable. and she's not even freaked out by Santa! happy day to you Leanne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! is right ! Excellent photos ~ Great for 52 ~~ thanks, namaste, Carol (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, fantastic! and great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sparkling lights on that dome are really wonderful! I can imagine being a child and what my reaction would be to that enormous tree. If that doesn't put you in the holiday spirit, then nothing will.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!! I can just imagine the sparkle in a child's eyes as they see Santa in this wonderful place!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet to see a baby in Santa's arms. Gorgeous tree and dome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous twinkly lights and that tree is amazing. It's definitely starting to feel like Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Visiting from "52 Photo Project". I really like that photo of Santa holding the baby. I feel like I'm looking over the shoulder of someone from afar. Very nice.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. how magical & beautiful. i will be in sydney very soon staying in the city. qvb is one of my favourite places to visit, so i will be sure to take a look myself. xo.

    ReplyDelete