"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" Ansell Adams.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

scavenger hunt

Last week I went with a friend to Cockatoo Island. 
Cockatoo Island is a heritage listed island in Sydney Harbour. You can find out more about it here.
It has an amazing history and fantastic buildings and  more recently has become the host to many art exhibits. 
We went to an exhibition called Drawing lines in the sand:
 "six installation projects that engage with various aspects of Cockatoo Island's institutional heritage and topography."

I was able to collect photos for this week's scavenger hunt while I was there. 

Crossed...
This installation has to do with boundaries, barriers & dead ends. Something to do with  the regimentation of behaviour. Didn't really get it.
However, the way that the bars & tapes & flags crossed over made me think of this prompt.

           

 A glimpse...
of the Harbour bridge.

Handwritten...
This graffitied bus was from a previous street art exhibition. 

Bliss...
starting our adventure with a coffee.

Grey...
mostly grey, with a splash of red!


18 comments:

  1. That last painting looks like someone is actually falling! Incredible! Sounds like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool that you were able to combine a fun day of art with all the prompts for the hunt in one trip! Did you notice that each of your photos has a splash of red or orange? Very cool series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that last image! Great artwork against a sea of gray.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really a great set of photos! I love the graffitied bus. Wish I could've helped graffiti it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that grey shot! Wish I took it. I love street art, and graffiti too, so I think that bus is really cool. Glimpse is really well done and your interpretation of crossed is one of the best I've seen. You have a great series here. Happy weekend Leanne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great gray shot . . . love how the gray buildings seem to step backwards as your eye sweeps from left to right. The humour and the pop of colour in the painted man is a delightful contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow...that is a FANTASTIC capture for "handwritten"! I think my favorite so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting set. I like the Handwritten and Gray shots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun set - really liking them all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not even going to try calling out my favorite, love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great interpretations! I can't pic a fave, either :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. amazing photos..i love that 'bliss'

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your interpretations of the prompts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful photos all of them are so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great interpretations this week. Love the last picture...when I first looked at it I thought there was really a person there! Love the graffiti bus as well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great set Leanne, looks like you had a wonderful and interesting time. Love your "bliss"!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You really went on a little scavenger hunt!! What a treat! I love them all, but the last one is terrific! I love the art on the gray background and your angle on the buildings!

    ReplyDelete