"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" Ansell Adams.

Friday, March 2, 2012

Charlie

When I was looking through the photos that I have taken this month to find February's photo-heart connection I couldn't go past this one.

I think it's mostly the subject that connects with my heart... but I do love this shot.

I took this shot one afternoon when Charlie had come home from school. 
I had my camera (as I sometimes do) and when I pointed it at him, this was his immediate response. 
Love that smile.
It's been a big year so far for Charlie.
He started high school and has had to deal with a lot of changes: 
catching buses & trains, making new friends, more homework, remembering which books he needs.....
Although overwhelming, he has approached it all with enthusiasm, confidence and a determination to do his best. 

In fact, the same way he approaches everything else in life. 
I'm so proud of him. 
And more that a little bit inspired by him as well.


18 comments:

  1. I can see why you had to stop at this one....such an engaging smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a smile! That would make your day for sure - to have that smile shine in your direction. Lucky you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. His happiness and spirit just shine through. The perfet pick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a happy young man he must be... and true to himself... he smile reveals so very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an engaging, wonderful smile! Great inspiration I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why you're enchanted with this image. I hope you will print it and find a place to display it-perhaps someplace tucked away where you sit to relax and re-group.
    I'm glad Charlie is tackling changes with success and good spirits. We all have a lot to learn from him. Have a great day Leanne.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the personality that comes through in this image! He seems so strong and confident, with a twinkle in his eye. I can see why you love this photo! So glad you shared it in the Photo-Heart Connection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leanne,
    Gorgeous, gorgeous photograph..his smile, and his spirit - they leap off the page. He's an inspiration, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely, lovely photo. That smile is just gorgeous. Love your words too - it's amazing how inspiring kids can be isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photo with a lovely story.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love his smile but his eyes, they are amazing! there is such joy in them, lovely connection

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this photo too! You captured the essence of Charlie - his smile and personality really shine through here. I can see why you love this photo and are so proud of him. What a beautiful selection for your photo-heart connection.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, look at the love shining in those beautiful eyes!! Love the photo and your story!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE this post, and love that smile, too. He looks like an awesome kid, though I can't believe he's old enough to be in high school!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that this was his immediate response, mine would hide from the camera. What a great smile and connection.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can see why you chose this photo this month. That smile and bright shiny eyes! You must be so proud.

    ReplyDelete