"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" Ansell Adams.

Sunday, August 5, 2012

scavenger hunt

going back in time...
I've spent some time this week sorting through some things that belonged to my father.
So many things....but this overnight bag really took me back in time...
when I saw it I was really surprised at it's affect on me.
It  belonged to my dad.
 Very old,  a bit battered, but still quite sturdy & holding lots of memories.
something just for me...
a walk with the dog, good for the mind & the body.
best part of my day...
always the morning.

night & day...
I've been playing around with night photos this week, this is the path (& street) outside my house.
Day & night.
look up...
I had to step off my usual walking track to capture this enormous tree & it's bare branches reaching for the sky.



17 comments:

  1. These are so great. Number three is just plain awesome. I also love your night and day photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leeanne! Love your morning photo...the glow of the morning sun is so pretty. I can almost smell the leather of your father's bag. It's so touching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your best part of the day shot - morning is my favorite also! And your fist shot..how awesome that you have that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That overnight bag is truly a treasure. Mornings in the garden do it for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice set! really love that morning shot. It is spectacular. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The best part of your day is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. a fine hunt for you this week. I love love love the intimacy you've captured in the first shot.
    happy week to you Leanne.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your morning shot-awesome light. I too look up at trees with scraggled branches. Good for you tackling night photography. I keep putting off that challenge. Maybe a good winter project for me when the light disappears early.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pictures are awesome. What a pretty kitty : ) I love your look up pictures. Very cool angle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great set, Leanne! Love your view "looking up". You really get the feeling of great height and the beauty of those bare branchses against the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great set.. LOVE your "best part of the day" photo. The light looks wonderful..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the overnight bag. It is amazing what memories can come with things.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely set! The first one...so special and the morning shot...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the morning glow of the sun through the flowers and how wonderful that the cat came to visit at the right time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovin the shadow shot... and yes... love a good walk with the dog! and the kitty shot on the sidewalk is fab too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the collage with the black cat :). your blog has an awesome content and photos. Thanks btw for the visit. And looks like this meme is interesting.

    ReplyDelete