"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" Ansell Adams.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

snap it {night time}

I don't really do night time photos, it's dark & I forget which settings to use. 
However, the other night David came home & called us outside to see this tawny frogmouth sitting on the wires outside our house. 
The perfect opportunity to take a night shot for this weeks snap it.
I experimented a bit with slow shutter speeds.
This was my favourite.
Not sure that it's a great photo, but I thought it captured night quite well.

11 comments:

  1. Oh, you definitely captured a mysterious and spooky nighttime. It could be the cover of an Edgar Allen Poe novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow. I think it's a great photo! I'm not brave enough to mess with my shutter speeds. :) so this is amazing to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For sure it's a great photo. Don't know why I'm sounding Irish, but anyway. Leanne, it's very moody and sinister feeling, as if something is about to happen. Go nighttime!
    PS You rock!
    xxx Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. very dreamy.... or nightmary (sp) Love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it looks like something is about to happen. A bit creepy :-). But I do like it though, great colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Leanne, that is beautiful, so artistic... whether it was intentional or not. Great night time shot xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. quite a spooky shot - well done

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's moody, that's better than technical perfection as far as I'm concerned!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not sure its a great photo!! Madness! Its a beautiful photo!! I'm not too sure what settings to use at nighttime either, but you captured something amazing here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic photograph. I am greeting

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so surreal. Love the creepiness of the blurry sky and moon. It defines the power lines and is that a silhouette of a bird on them? Great shot!

    ReplyDelete