"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" Ansell Adams.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

last day of school holidays

With my18 year old bushwalking with friends & my 13 year old at the movies with friends, 
James & I were left to our own devices on the last day of his school holidays.
James loves routine & has been a bit restless with the absence of one for the past 6 weeks.
So I thought it best that we find some fresh air & wide open spaces.

The clouds had gathered when we arrived at the park, so our time was cut short by rain, 
but to get out was definitely just what we both needed.


7 comments:

  1. Well if what you needed was great photos....you totally got what you needed. That long path leading line between the trees is my fave. I suppose from time to time it's nice to have just one child to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray for school...hooray for routine!!. my routine lover goes back to school today. phew!
    What are all those archways??....they are great!.
    Allison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. James looks like one happy camper - being out and about in that amazing park. Love those arches. And that last photo - stunning! The dramatic clouds seem to be generated by those smokestakes in the distance. Amazing light and reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shots, you've really captured the openess and those clouds really do add a dramatic effect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to spend your last bit of time together! I love that last image. Stunning with those fierce looking clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got quite a storm there, but at least you could spend some time at the park before the rain. I love the mood of the last image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful way to spend time!
    Beautiful photographs, Leanne.

    ReplyDelete