"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" Ansell Adams.

Sunday, January 6, 2013

stills:: a collection from the beach

We've just come back from a holiday at the beach.
 It was a lovely mix of walking along the beach, swimming in the surf,  sunshine & clouds, lazing around reading books &  lots of eating.
I didn't take nearly as many photos as I usually would (I think i was just enjoying being relaxed)
..... so today's stills are a combination of photos from my phone and from my dslr.


:: I always enjoy our holiday at the beach, love the sun, sand & surf
:: A reptilian visitor, sunning himself on the stairs
:: A pretty flower that unfolded from it's bud in the week we were there
:: some blue bottles on the sand :(
:: cloudy one day, blue skies the next
:: sunrise form the verandah
:: early morning walk along the beach

Joining in at the beetle shack

11 comments:

  1. So very beautiful! I adore the one of your boy walking toward the ocean. It evokes such a feeling of freedom. Wishing you beautiful days :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great Leanne. I have missed your posts .... I really love the one of Charlie looking out to sea. The colours are beautiful and it pops out of the screen! Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fave pair is cloudy day, blue skies next. Cloudy day is an amazing shot. I'm glad you put the camera down a bit and just enjoyed. You deserve that once in awhile. There are things I've totally missed, just capturing them. Of course then I get to experience them later, but I wonder if it's the same. Beautiful presentation here too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, lucky you, Leanne!
    It is cold and snowy here now, and this beach looks like the perfect lace to be.
    Such wonderful photographs.
    Happy Monday to you!
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous! Especially love the cloudy one day, sunny the next pair. It's cold and grey here so thank you for bringing a bit of sunshine. Glad you had a great time and relaxed properly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good that you used this time to relax, to enjoy all the benefits of being "beach-bound". And from these images, it looks to me like you wonderfully captured the beauty of your beach holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful shots it looks like you had a great time...

    ReplyDelete
  8. don't think I can pick a fave ....might just be the lizard. looks like a great summer holiday. hope your staying cool, blazing hot here and am hoping to get to the beach tomorrow. your pics have made me crave it even more!
    Allison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh the beautiful ocean. So magic.

    thanks so much for joining in

    xo em

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds like the perfect getaway ...beautiful photos. xx

    ReplyDelete