"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" Ansell Adams.

Friday, June 21, 2013

redfern

Yesterday, on a beautiful sunshiny winter's day I met up with Justine at Redfern. 
We had no real plans so we ended up wandering through parts of Redfern, Erskinville & Newtown.

We had coffee & wandered & chatted & took photos. We had lunch too. 
It was a really nice day. It's such a beautiful area with interesting old buildings & lots of colour. 
And there was such beautiful light everywhere we went.

Here are some of the photos that I took, 
 & you can see some that she took over here.

Such a lovely time hanging out with Justine, who I have met via our blogs. 
We've met up it before, here, & I'm certain we'll do it again.



9 comments:

  1. Oh I have a thing for red doors!!! I think they are an awesome detail for a house

    ReplyDelete
  2. The light is indeed beautiful! I love all the colours and textures of the inner-city areas and you have captured them perfectly.

    PS. Is that first cafe in Carriageworks?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing place - so much personality and texture. Love that bright red door and those gorgeous window and door arches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so lovely! You've captured the light so beautifully. Another photo walk in August please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantasy photographic reportage, beautiful photographs:) Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun day this must have been for both of you.
    I especially love the first photograph.
    Beautiful light!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the wintery feelings in these. I especially like the reds - the milk crate bike and red door pics. What a lovely day out you must have had. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun to meet up. Love these, especially the first and the last.

    ReplyDelete