"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" Ansell Adams.

Sunday, June 30, 2013

stills:: winter at the beach

It is beginning to feel like winter here. Cold & wet. We have just had a weekend away by the beach. 
We went with 4 other families who we've known forever ( well, for a long time anyway).
Apart from the fact that it rained most of the time, David was sick for the whole time & I dropped my 1 week old iPhone 5 & cracked the screen- we managed a few positives. 
Catching up with old friends, frequent visits from my niece & her red umbrella & a win for the Wallabies :)
And we ate quite a bit of chocolate.




I'm linking in with the beetleshack

everybody seems to be doing this -so Follow my blog with Bloglovin if you would like to. 

10 comments:

  1. Great photos Leanne, especially those birds and red brolly! Can you give me a tutorial on this bloglovin' thing? Am so tech-challenged, does my blog need it? Or can I keep my head buried in the sand for a while longer? Hope all well, pleased you had a weekend at the beach, sounds lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love a good misty day at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful beach photos! I love the umbrella shots, especially the one where she's twirling the umbrella! She's a pretty young lady!! I wish a little bit of that cool and wet weather could be shipped my way! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I hope her visits weren't too frequent, but she does love a chat with Aunty Leanne. I really love the one with the flock of birds flying off together - in search of shelter no doubt, like the rest of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning. The beach in rain is just magical! Hope next week is better for you - odd how some weeks everything just goes pear shaped!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great umbrella - I have a similar pale pink one which I love
    And chocolate...always good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your images - hope next week is good for you x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Any time together with great friends and family that also involves chocolate has much to recommend it. Lovely gray images, livened up by that amazing red umbrella.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful beaches, in spite of the cold -- we're heading for the beach soon to get away from the heat! I love the umbrella shots -- so sweet! It's good that you could overcome the negatives and enjoy your time with family. Chocolate always helps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are fantastic shots, what a shame about your phone! can you believe the weather now it is so beautiful

    ReplyDelete