"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" Ansell Adams.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

styling


Styling is not really my thing but I've been watching #7vignettes on instagram over the last few months. 
The idea is to post a photo for the first 7 days of each month  representing each of the prompts given.

So...this month I thought that I would challenge myself & give it a go.
.  
These were the June prompts & this was my effort.

I thought I'd keep it simple & only include a few items & take photos in the same space each day. 

I think I started off better than I finished but overall I did an ok job.
'Candlelit' & 'his' are a bit blurred because it was a bit dark, I posted them anyway.
 That's why I'm not a real stylist.

The July 7 vignettes will be starting up soon and I'm not sure whether I'll do it again.
It was fun, but I think I'll just enjoy looking at other peoples beautiful styling :)

I am linking in with Brenda for the third Thursday challenge.

8 comments:

  1. Vignettes sounds like a fun challenge -- I think your results are lovely! How clever to keep the framed daisy in (almost) all your photos as a link. Your gold image is my fave -- wonderful composition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really admire you for giving this a go - styling certainly isn't one of my talents - it is amazing what some people can come up with, isn't it? But in fact I like what you have done here, using a consistent setting but changing out the items in interesting ways. This kind of exercise really makes one admire the beautiful images in magazines and catalogs, that's for sure. Thanks so much for joining in with the Third Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am terrible at styling! but you have done a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great! Gold is my favourite, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are wonderful, Leanne!
    For some reason, they remind me of old Polaroid shots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these! I need to spend sometime playing with still life photography. Yours always inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My fave is the 2nd teacup shot...great POV. The collage of images turned out nicely and I like the first box telling the prompts. Cool idea to shoot in the same place each day. I'm not an instagram person, but there's no reason one couldn't put together a weekly 365 in this way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great challenge, Leanne! This would be something really different for me, too. So this is styling? And what makes a vignette different from a still life? I must check this out. By the way, I had to smile at your "blurred" remark, since I see so many photos done that way on purpose these days. I'd never have known it was unintentional if you hadn't said so! :-)

    ReplyDelete