"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" Ansell Adams.

Thursday, November 28, 2013

being thankful



 We don't celebrate thanksgiving in Australia, but I really like the idea of it. I think that's why I enjoy taking photos, to notice and be thankful. Not just for the big things like family, friends, food and shelter but the little things as well, a smile, a kind word or raindrops on a leaf.
I saw this really lovely movie yesterday called about time. I loved the relationships between the characters, the emphasis on family and the importance of slowing down and enjoying what we have. It reminded me again to be thankful.

9 comments:

  1. I saw About Time a few weeks ago too and loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the whole of November being a month of gratitude it really makes you stand back and take stock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely sentiments...and I agree, the idea of stopping to give thanks is a wonderful idea. We celebrate Thanksgiving here on Norfolk Island because yonks ago American whalers and their families worked and lived here...it became part of Norfolk tradition too. Since moving here a few years ago, I've become quite fond of it...I think even when we move away...I will continue to acknowledge this day on the calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post. I agree totally - and that's why I love photography too. That film has been on my 'must see' list - I must go see it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful post, Leanne! And I agree, too - that's what I love about photography, too. And now I also want to see that film!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree too. It's a good film isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely reading this Leanne, can relate to this so well. Beautiful photo too xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Photography has certainly made me more grateful. Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thankfulness - I like that as an overriding reason to photograph. To capture those small moments that would otherwise be missed.

    ReplyDelete