"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" Ansell Adams.

Thursday, November 7, 2013

sculptures by the sea

".. the spectacular Bondi to Tamarama coastal walk transformed into a 2km long temporary sculpture park featuring over 100 sculptures by artists from Australia and across the world."

I'm a big fan of public art & Sculptures by the sea is a fabulous example of beautiful artwork that is easily accessible to the public. I went yesterday with a friend. We enjoyed the beautiful day, a walk along the coastline & lunch at the Bondi Icebergs.
We both thought that there weren't as many stand out artworks as there were last year, but there was plenty of beautiful sculptures to look at, loads of colour & spectacular scenery. I really loved watching people interact with the art- sitting & posing in amongst it- I guess that's what it's all about. 



5 comments:

  1. Wow! How lucky you are to have this available to you. You have captured some spectacular pieces - love that giant glass marble and the upside reflection that you caught inside it. The ripples in the sand and the shadow dogs. The creativity of humans constantly amazes me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! This is awsome! I love all the artworks - wish I could see it for myself! Thanks for sharing this Leanne - glad I got to see it via you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. these look fantastic, really makes me want to go now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really cool pieces-if this is a down year, I can't imagine how wonderful the norm is. My faves are the long row of "dots"...the swirls around the vertical pole, the red and yellow flags and that cool view thru the gazing ball.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really cool, and unusual pieces.

    ReplyDelete