"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" Ansell Adams.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

instant film

I have read so much about the joys of instant film on the internet,  so when David asked me what I wanted for Christmas, I thought an instant film camera would be perfect. I love the idea of it- take one shot, have an instant print. I got a fujifilm instax 210, because the film is readily availably & not too expensive & I like the wider print compared with the smaller instax mini. 


Well, I found it a bit frustrating. Out of 20 shots, the 4 pictures above were the only ones that I was happy with. I actually really love the photo of James- bottom left. 

I guess I have the same hit/ miss ratio with my digital camera but it doesn't seem so when i can just hit the delete button. 

 Anyway, I think I'll just have to practise. Have you got any tips?

7 comments:

  1. Nup no tips, keep doing what you do, I love how clued in you are re: photography Leanne! Very inspiring. They're all great pix, I like the one of James too. Hope all well xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look really they look really fun cameras...but for me after the indiscipline needed for digital, I think I would be too frustrated,....they are a cool look though. I am sure you will master the art quickly. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does take some practice, Leanne, but you keep at it!
    I think all of these are great. I especially like the one on the bottom right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! No, this is why I will stick with digital over film - I don't like my potential odds. But they do have a wonderful look and feel - something you can actually hold in your hand and really appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great gift! I would love an instant film camera but I take far too many 'dodgy' photos. I take about 20 photos of the same thing before I get a decent one. Enjoy and I hope some others have some tips for you. Melinda :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know for one I hit that delete button many times. I wonder if that's a help or a hindrance. Wouldn't I spend more time on composting each image if I knew every click counted. Food for thought here. These look great. I love this size!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't thought about the instant film in a LONG time. I don't have $$ for camera stuff, so I really don't look. Keeps the drooling down. I think we're spoiled by the ability to just hit delete. It is however an awesome teaching tool. Immediate feedback. I don't have any suggestions, except maybe really trying to see the shot and taking an extra moment to "think" before making that click. I too like that shot of James on the bottom.

    ReplyDelete