"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" Ansell Adams.

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

memories, dreams, reflections 2013

I'm joining in again with Ashley looking back at my year: searching through photos from the year just gone & remembering, reflecting & dreaming about the year to come.
This is my 3rd year of being here in this space & I think this is a lovely way to begin the new year. 

There are 25 prompts, I managed about half this year!

1.{me}

2.{i love you}

4,8,10,13 {seasons}

6.{friends}
frisbee at the beach

7. {I was inspired ...}
In October I started a collaborative diptych project, here. Always inspired by spending time with my photography buddy, Justine.

 9.{travel}
a little getaway in April to the Hunter Valley

12.{all smiles}
Through September  & October we watched some tawny frogmouths sit on a nest & hatch these gorgeous chicks. 
Right outside our upstairs window. Magical to watch. 

 14.{family}
a holiday with cousins

18. {beautiful}
so still!

 20.{close up}

24.{just because} 
I always love the beach, the crashing waves are so calming

25. {hopes & dreams}
My hopes & dreams for 2014-enjoying family time (they don't stay little for long), balancing life, having fun, setting challenges, being present. Perhaps all a bit clich├ęd, but true nevertheless.

Thanks so much for visiting.
I hope you have a wonderful 2014.



16 comments:

  1. Just beautiful, and a wonderful idea to do this too : ) Happy New Year to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Leanne! What a wonderful way to look back on the year that was! Here's to a New Year that is full of wonder, excitement and beauty.

    Sophie xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That image of frisbee at the beach is perfection. I love the idea of photographically reflecting on your year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year! Gorgeous set of images - always love your sea shots especially and that row of shoes is lovely. Great set of hopes and dreams - very similar to my own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should do this....I've done it in the past and found it a nice way to re-cap the year. I like all the vareity in what you shared. My fave is that amazing frisbee image. That's super, but your images are. I am jealous that you and Justine have met. You two must be the mutual admiration society. I think your diptych project must be super inspiring. Happy 2014 Leanne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely shots! Frisbee at the beach is my fave!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post of days gone by. Love the shot of the tawny frogmouth. I have never even heard of those birds. They look abit like an owl. Very nice. HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY to you and yours for 2014. Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! The crashing wave photo is spectacular... as well as the still water photo. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are wonderful, Leanne!
    I wish you a bright and beautiful New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, wow, wow! These are all sooo gorgeous! I love the foggy vineyard photo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful reflection of your past year! I am loving your diptych project. You have such a engaging collection of images - my favorite is the final image - that long, long line of shoes - there is such a fun story there - of good times with family and friends. Wishing you and yours a fabulous 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is my absolute favorite of all the memes! It is definitely worth of waiting the whole year ;) All your photos are just amazing!
    Thanks for sharing ♥ nice to get to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Leanne, as I was scrolling down I kept thinking, this is my favorite, oh wait, this is my new favorite, no, this is.... They are all so beautiful! I do especially love the frisbee shot, the diptych (those gorgeous greens set off by little white flowers really caught my eye), the foggy vineyard, and the frogmouth chicks. I could go on, but you get the idea. Happy, happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your photos are fantastic...I am inspired with my new camera to take beautiful pics too.
    Happy New Year. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful way to start the new year. Your photos are excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Leanne. Love your 'hopes and dreams' :)

    ReplyDelete