"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" Ansell Adams.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

rhythm




It seems that everyone has already written their goals & plans for 2014, , but it is only now that I feel like writing a new year post. Now that the summer holidays are drawing to a close & everyone is slowly getting back into the routine that will continue throughout the year.
I'm not normally one to make resolutions too seriously, or to choose a word to live by, but I am feeling like some things need to change. I need to get back into a rhythm. To create good habits & discard the bad. Things like planning meals & shopping efficiently, eating well & making time to exercise, balancing all the demands on my time. And more.
It's easy to fall out of routine & sometimes hard to fall back into it. I've got a few strategies in place. I need to find my new rhythm.

7 comments:

  1. For me, a routine is the best way to keep my life in line; to build the habits that I want to maintain. "Routine" sounds boring - I like "Rhythm" - it has a feeling of flow. Love the combination of grasses and brickwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent word and it really does seem the time to be doing routines and rhythms, love your shot too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you cc me into your rhythm too please Leanne? It all sounds very do-able when you write it down like that, I love the sound of it. Great photo too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this. I am at exactly the same place too. I'm doing 'no sugar' but it's not yet a routine, I really need to do some exercise and make it a routine and so on. And I agree with Brenda, 'rhythm' is a MUCH better word for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just started working again after a year at home with my girls. rhythm is lost here. spinning, bumping, crashing. i need a rhythm too! hope you find yours. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that . . . yes I need to find a rhythm too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can so relate to that, Leanne, as I'm trying to find a rhythm myself. This is a wonderful photo to go with your words!

    ReplyDelete