"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" Ansell Adams.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

31 reasons to be grateful

In 2010 I started a year long project of gratefulness. This was my first photo along with these words..

 "Inspired by a friend, have decided to document things that i am grateful for....Day 1 /1st feb Routine- Thankful for a return to routine after a great holiday"



























It was a great blessing, looking for something to be grateful for each day, even when it wasn't a great day. Looking for little things changed my perspective & helped to remind me of all the good things in life. I started off by just doing it for February but it continued for the whole year.

I still photograph with gratefulness in mind, but didn't want to commit to taking a photo each day. So after having a 4 year break, I'm thinking I might do it again, just for the 31 days in March. I won't post here each day, but might put a collage together at the end or at the half way mark.

I was inspired again to do the every day thing by 'the little things', which  I think is a really amazing idea.

6 comments:

  1. I'm doing a 365 this year, based on things that make me happy, or that I am grateful for. It makes for interesting thoughts before venturing out with camera. Good luck with March.
    Joy x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an amazing idea, and I love that you say you photograph with gratefulness in mind. It really shows. Good luck with March xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! And I love how gratitude stays with you. So powerful. Look forward to seeing your amazing photos xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, Leanne.
    The times I've done this, I am always amazed and feel so blessed for all that I have to be grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so very grateful for the life that I lead. It is so very easy to lose sight of that if we don't keep it in the forefront of our thoughts. Looking forward to seeing your March daily images in whatever way you choose to share them will us..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading posts about being grateful. It's so easy to be distracted by 'life' thinngs when there really is so much to be grateful for. I did my very first grateful post a few weeks ago, I must be due for another! Happy Friday Leanne. Melinda x

    ReplyDelete