"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" Ansell Adams.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

instant film

 I'm beginning to feel a bit more comfortable with instant film. Yesterday, I was out & about, so I took my instant camera.  I wandered around a few busy streets & took a few shots. I looked for colour & depth. I felt a bit awkward, the camera is really big- but everyone just seemed to go about their business. They didn't notice me at all.
I'm happy with these- 4 out of the 5 that I took- a much better success rate than this post a month ago!









7 comments:

  1. What a great exercise in restraint...knowing that every pic has got to count...these look great. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A learning process for sure. One of the homework assignments in my photography class was to take 24 exposures and that was it - just like we were shooting film. No deletes, no re-do's. It was certainly a lesson in slowing down and being careful. I love the way light seems to flood these images - good for you for challenging yourself in this way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful! We are certainly spoilt by that delete button!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! I had a polaroid camera a few years ago until it decided to stop working for no apparent reason, but was almost paralysed by the thought of using up my limited film supplies so didn't use it a great deal, hehe. Of course, now I have film but no camera in which to use it =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like these! Your camera seems to do something interesting with the light. Those "Polaroid" style processing apps aren't the same as the real thing.

    ReplyDelete