"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" Ansell Adams.

Saturday, February 8, 2014

water

I have so many photos of water (just about all my posts this year include water). 
I love being around water, I love the way the light dances on it and I love to look at the reflections & the ripples. I love the stillness of a river & the movement of the ocean.
I've signed up to an amateur photography association this year & each month you can submit one photo for a challenge. The theme this month is water. I'm having a bit of trouble deciding which photo to enter. How do you choose just one?






















































I had reason to be driving by this beautiful waterway on Wednesday, so thought I would stop to take some photos.
I'm joining in with weekend reflections.

::I think I'll end up choosing one of the photos from this post

17 comments:

  1. Superbe endroit appaisant,ca donne envie d une promenade ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures , I love the soft reflections in the water !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love photos of water and these are great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice coast reflections... I specially enjoy the first one, I find it very peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the third one, a lovely soothing shot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous shots, you make me want to be near the water. Sigh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful water images! I really like the close-up one of the boat! Love the colors and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm often mesmerised by the water too - it's rhythm and reflections. I really love that first shot xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love water too. These images are calming - no wonder you can't pick just one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful water photos... Water reflection is the best... Nice shots...

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of these are wonderful, Leanne.
    It will be a tough choice.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The first shot is my favourite - lovely

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you can't go wrong if you're considering one of these. I'm partial to the third one but I fear that says boat more than water. If you have a stack of options, you'll be fine. I need to join the group around here. I keep being too busy, but I think it's time to carve out some time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How lucky you are to have water so much a part of your daily life. And good for you for joining the association - another way to challenge oneself. And I have a terrible time choosing "the best" of my photos - let us know what you decide upon. I agree with Susan - the third one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad that you decided to post several photos for this post. They are wonderful but if I had to pick a favorite it would be the top one.

    ReplyDelete