"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" Ansell Adams.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

sculpture

I really love the idea of free public art. These interesting sculptures were part of a week long exhibition a few weeks ago at Sawmiller's bay at McMahon's point on Sydney harbour. Such a beautiful spot! I had never  been there before even though I've lived in Sydney all my life. The sculptures were thought provoking and interesting, some were beautiful, some were intricate, some were simple and some were complex. There were some that we could imagine in our back yards & others that we did't really like at all!

I think that's the purpose of art. It should engage & encourage all sorts of reactions.

An enjoyable hour or two wandering through the sculptures.






7 comments:

  1. Sydney seems to be an area with so much of this free public art exhibitions - you should consider yourself lucky! Beautiful and interesting pieces - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful finds these are, Leanne!
    I really love the leaning man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sculptures, what a cool collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great exhibition. Love the last sculpture especially.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fish!
    I'm a big fan of a sculpture trail

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a sculpture garden nearby that I love to visit. I like the second one with all the texture and lines! The leaning man makes me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what variety! Each quite fascinating in its own way.

    ReplyDelete