"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" Ansell Adams.

Thursday, March 27, 2014

taking stock

Every now & then I think it's good to take some time to reflect on what's happening right now...I've seen this taking stock list over here and here. I've thought for a while now that it would be a fun thing to do and so today I did it!

Making : excuses, I really should be cleaning out the corner cupboard in the kitchen
Cooking : getting back into meals in the slow cooker now the weather is getting cooler
Drinking : coffee
Reading: 'Life After Life' by Kate Atkinson {loving it}
Wanting: to stay indoors {it's raining today}
Looking: at beautiful photos here
Playing: 2048 {a little bit addictive} My children can do it so I should be able to!
Deciding: on an idea for the next clique challenge -shining a light on what matters to you  {I'm thinking disability}
Wishing: to confirm dates for a getaway {our 25th wedding anniversary}
Enjoying: my beautiful family- seeing my boys growing into wonderful young men
Waiting: until it stops raining so that I can take the dog for a walk
Liking: double exposures, using the diana app {used in the photos above}
Wondering: where the time went
Loving: weekends away at the beach
Pondering: how I can be in two places at once
Considering: getting my haircut
Watching: House of Cards
Hoping: for a sunny weekend
Marvelling: at God's amazing grace
Needing: quiet time and exercise
Smelling: roses in my front garden, an autumn flurry of roses that smell divine
Wearing: exercise clothes
Following: a menu plan, I'm trying to get organised
Noticing: beautiful things around me- I'm trying to be grateful this month
Knowing: that I am loved
Thinking: about how lovely it is to spend time with friends, and how to do it more often
Feeling: a little bit tired, haven't been sleeping that well
Admiring: people who make meals for other people
Sorting: always sorting:  clothes, cupboards, photos
Buying: groceries.  I seem to be at the shops an awful lot-3 teenage boys!
Getting: organised for Charlie's trip to China {with the school band} Still have a few things to do
Disliking: being woken at night by our dog!
Opening: mail, mostly bills or statements- boring really
Giggling: I think I should be giggling more! Couldn't think of what to write here :)
Snacking: green seedless grapes, yum
Helping: the children that  I work with, I hope
Hearing: rain pattering on the roof

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I like your list, we do share quite a few interests I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post! Loved reading about where you're at right now and those photos are gorgeous (I'm a fan of the diana app too!). Someone else recommended Life after Life so I'm putting that on my reading list. Happy day to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks such a good list! off to look at the other blogs too, great photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your double exposures. And I like these type of posts - I feel like I learn so much about you from your answers. Glad you let that corner cupboard wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post! It's nice to know a little more about you!

    ReplyDelete