"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" Ansell Adams.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

the beach

 Over Easter we spent some time at the beach. It was really lovely. One thing I love about the beach is the way it changes; low or high tide, wild or calm, crowded or deserted. 
On Saturday afternoon we wandered along the beach. It had been closed for swimmers because of the wild surf, but there were plenty of people and pooches enjoying the glorious afternoon sunshine, a gentle breeze and some long afternoon shadows.




6 comments:

  1. these are such lovely shots, they capture such a great feeling and love all those dogs on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely! I'm so grateful to live near the beach, too - it really feeds my soul. I can't wait for it to warm up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that first shot - those powerful, majestic waves rolling in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful way to spend the day, Leanne, and that beach is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful way to spend Easter! I so love the change at the beach too - it's what keeps me coming back. Reminds of the rhythms of life xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous shots of the beach! I really love the waves in the first one!

    ReplyDelete