"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" Ansell Adams.

Saturday, May 24, 2014

five hundred




























This is my 500th post here on knowing where to stand, so I thought it might be interesting to reflect a little  on photography and blogging.

 I started way back in February 2011- here is my very first post.  I had just completed a photo a day gratitude journal during 2010, and  I became enamoured with taking photos. After a number of years of a part time paid work and a very busy family that was (and is)  full of complex needs, taking photos was a great creative outlet for me.  Having a blog seemed to me a good way to sort photos and keep them in one place. A way to have a focus on something other than the everyday grind. For me, it's never really been about numbers of followers or comments but I have really loved the community and the connections that I have made here. In fact, with a friend who I met through this  blog I have enjoyed collaborating on a project that we call two takes. 


I've slowed down a little bit since that very enthusiastic first year, but I'm still posting regularly. I don't have any grand goals for my photography, or this blog- mostly I just photograph the things around me. And I really enjoy it. 



After 500 posts, I really love this little space. 



9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 500 posts. I love your photography.
    Joy x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Love visiting here and 500 posts is an amazing achievement. Happy weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big congrats to you on reaching this milestone! It is a always a pleasure to come here and share this space with you. I love the pebbled glass on this window and the delightful composition of window, washtub and shadows. Here's to 500 more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 500 posts is very impressive - congratulations! I've really enjoyed getting to know you and get glimpses of your world through your blog. And I love that image up above!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is really impress, I love your blog and you can see that you love it too! plus I do love our collaboration too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on 500 posts, Leanne!
    It is always such a pleasure to visit you here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations...it is a great space to improve skills and show how our passions develop. Xxx
    Here's to more lovely pictures and stories. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your space, and I adore your photography! Congrats on 500 posts! Impressive! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've made a beautiful space...I love visiting x

    ReplyDelete