"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" Ansell Adams.

Monday, September 22, 2014

slow



It's been a busy term and today is the first day of the school holidays.  I work in a school so I have holidays too, hooray! Holidays are great- a bit of time to slow down, regather and enjoy a bit of a break. However, I always have mixed feelings about holidays. One of my children is a boy who loves routine so he can drive me a little crazy with a 2 week stretch of holidays.
Thankfully, with teenage children I can always rely on a bit of a slower start to the day- they do love to sleep in. So this morning, I enjoyed the quiet (for a moment), ate my breakfast with my back to the sun as it streamed through our window. A lovely start to the day.








6 comments:

  1. I hope your routine-loving boy finds his groove! I'm a school teacher, so I embrace the holidays with gusto. I love the slowness of days, lolling round home. I hope you have many more quiet mornings with the sunshine warming your back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are lovely flowers. your morning does sound like it was a lovely start. xx hope your week goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that your day is starting off so nicely, Leanne!
    I just love this photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And a lovely photo to start off the day! The flowers are beautiful and so are the bars of golden light.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect way to start the day - with a slow moment of quietude. Wonderful shadow stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, lovely way to start the day and lovely photograph

    ReplyDelete