"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" Ansell Adams.

Monday, October 20, 2014

lately












































I love a celebration and every year around this time our neighbourhood goes crazy with the granny smith festival. The streets are lined with market stalls, the oval is filled with children's rides and animal farms, there are stages to showcase local talent and colourful flags fill the sky. I wandered down early to avoid the crowds (excellent plan).
Life has been quite busy lately, full of work and family and friends. As much as I love slow, busy is great fun too. I'm glad life is full of both.







7 comments:

  1. Granny Smith as in the apple variety? Sounds like a delightfully lively festival!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, granny smith apples were first grown in the area where i live!

      Delete
  2. Now that a new type of festival. Here we have a Sweet Onion festival.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If there were a Favorite button, I would click it for sure. I LOVE this photo! A Granny Smith apple festival sounds terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This image simply shouts "celebration"! I love the sense of happy motion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a wonderful celebration, Leanne, and I am happy that you are a good kind of busy!
    Have a wonderful week ahead, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how wonderful! Not that it's important, but Granny Smiths are one of my favourites :-) I love your photo - so vibrant and full of energy!

    ReplyDelete