"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" Ansell Adams.

Monday, October 6, 2014

::stills

We have just spent the long weekend by the beach- it was so lovely. We saw some wildlife, caught up with some friends and walked and swam at the beach. It was also the beginning of daylight saving so it really is feeling a lot like summer.








:: looking down on a water dragon sunning itself on the driveway
:: a lovely gift of sunflowers from friends who joined us for lunch
:: an example of my weaving. the small basket is the second that I have completed  after I did a workshop that I wrote about here
:: not quite early enough for sunrise,  the sun was breaking through the clouds when Poppy and I arrived at the beach this morning
:: walking by the fence
:: up the stairs










7 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed with your weaving. Enjoy the oncoming summer; I over here am plunging into autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This might be my favorite set of "stills" yet! Each one is beautiful and just feels special. That lizard (is a water dragon a lizard?) is fabulous! And your basket turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous ode to the beginnings of summer! I love the way you have framed the lizard - letting parts of him go out of frame - as if he will explode into motion at any moment. Your basket is wonderful - love the contrasts of light and dark and the round shallow shape - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A weekend by the beach sounds just perfect to me!
    Wonderful stills, Leanne, especially those beautiful sunflowers.
    Wishing you a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh I can almost smell the summer in your pics......great job with the weaving too. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely stills! Your weaving is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love your weaving! It looks great. And am always so envious of your beach photos, please have a walk along the beach for me every now and then? Hope you're all well Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete