"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" Ansell Adams.

Friday, November 14, 2014

the grounds

The Grounds of Alexandria must be the most visited and most photographed place in Sydney at the moment. It's a beautiful space, a group of cafes and restaurants, garden and florist (there is even a pig, some goats and some chickens) set in an industrial area in the inner east. So, I met a friend there yesterday, we had brunch and wandered around looking at all the amazing photo opportunities.
After a while we were told we needed permission to use our 'professional looking cameras' (which was a little surprising as I had seen so many photos on other blogs).
However, it's a really lovely place with good food and coffee, friendly staff and it was buzzing with people on a weekday morning.






































Here are just a few of the photos that I took, there may be a grounds {part 2} post....


















6 comments:

  1. I've just come from Justine's blog and it's such fun to see how differently each of you saw the same place! It really does look lovely. But I'm blown away that they didn't like you taking photos. Your photos are lovely and I'm so glad I clicked on the link in Justine's blog to find you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Professional looking cameras"? How funny! I guess non-professionals just use their phones these days. Anyway, I love your photos! It was obviously well worth getting that special permission. Now I'm off to see Justine's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I can completely understand the attraction to this interesting place - full of wondrous textures and contrasts. (and having been stopped from photographing at numerous places by over-zealous security guards, I can sympathize.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a great place for photography! Hope you get permission and can return!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many things on my to-do list whenever we make it back to Sydney - and just added another!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's hilarious re: can't use your "professional camera"! I mean, have they seen your stunning photography? I see photos of The Grounds all over IG, but yours are fabulous Leanne. If we didn't make such flying trips to Sydney I'd go there with you, maybe next time! PS: Would love to see Part 2! xx

    ReplyDelete