"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" Ansell Adams.

Friday, December 5, 2014

night time





04 What is the last thing you do at night?

There's something so lovely about slipping between the sheets at the end of the day, especially in a freshly made bed. I'm very grateful that I fall asleep easily. Usually a cup of tea (something herbal)  and  a few pages of a book is enough to send me into a peaceful slumber. Last night was different. We had Charlie's presentation night and arrived home at about 10pm. We have a bit of a tradition of buying McDonalds sundaes on the way home. David and I opted to skip the sundaes and go for a glass of wine and a plate of yummy things. So, with James already in bed,  Charlie, Nick and his girlfriend Lizzy and David and I  enjoyed a late but lovely conversation, gathered together in our lounge rooom.  Exhausted, I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.








I'm using some journalling prompts from here

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful light with its double reflection - I love the unusual shape of the bulbs and that lovely shade. I agree- there is nothing better than slipping into clean sheets on a freshly made bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure sounds like a perfect evening to me!
    Love this photo, Leanne.
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea Leanne, and I love reading your blog and finding out new link things. (I seriously need a re-boot to get back to blogging, I might just join you). Your evening sounds just lovely, we do the McDonalds thing after presentation night too while we watch all the Christmas lights in town on the drive home. Your photo is beautiful, hope you enjoy more lovely nights like this one xx PS: I can so relate to a freshly made bed, isn't that feeling the best?

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely picture and the journaling prompts are really really neat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say thanks every night for my wonderful bed and for a life that lets me sleep peacefully in it. I know how fortunate I am and I'm grateful. Your photo is beautiful - That bulb is fascinating and I love the light against the dark background. Your evening sounds wonderful, one to remember.

    ReplyDelete