"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" Ansell Adams.

Thursday, January 1, 2015

memories, dreams and reflections

Each year  in this space on New Years day I've posted some photos from the year using a list of 25 prompts. Even though I haven't used all 25, I think it's a fun way to look back at the year. Time goes so quickly and I've really enjoyed searching through my photos from 2014 and remembering people and places. 


Number 1-me
I don't have many photos of me, but here are my feet...mine are at the bottom. I love the brick work.


Number 2-I love you
My beautiful family














































Numbers 4,8,10,13- summer,autumn,winter,spring


Number 7- I was inspired
I joined a photography group where we were given a brief & submitted a photo each month. I was a bit disappointed with the group & feedback given on my photos wasn't particularly good, but it did make me take photos of thing that I might not ordinarily take. These shots are from the first 4 months; water, buildings, shine a light and daily life. 


Number 9- travel
A little trip to a tropical island for our 25th wedding anniversary, so, so beautiful!


Number 11-a day in the life
We spent quite a bit of time at the beach this year, there's always something happening. This was taken in April.


Number 12- all smiles
A bit of push and shove from 2 of my boys.


Number 14-family
Me with my brothers: a photo that we found after my father died 2 years ago, this year I finally made a book of our family story, using this and other photos from long ago.

Number 15- celebration
25th wedding anniversary drinks at sunset, what could be better?


Number 18-beautiful
I discovered this beautiful part of the world when I had a spare afternoon one day in autumn.



Number 20- close up
On a bench in the Grounds of Alexandria


Number 22-favourite
I love the shadows & the light


Number 25-hopes & dreams
To notice the beauty in 2015



Happy new year x








If you're interested here are similar posts reflecting on 2011, 2012 & 2013

6 comments:

  1. fantastic set of shots. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year, see you in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved your photography Leanne, I think you do very well at noticing the beauty around you. Those photos of you with your boys are just beautiful! Happy New Year to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful and full year! I'm sorry your experience with the photography group wasn't everything you had hoped for but I'm glad you took away the experience of being challenged in terms of photographic subjects. Your "favorite" is one of my favorites of your shots as well - the combination of elements and the lovely light and shadows is a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year! I love all of these and it's lovely to see all those gorgeous shots of your family. Such a shame about the photography group but good for you for taking away something positive. All the best for 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year I love your 25 prompts what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete