"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" Ansell Adams.

Thursday, March 5, 2015

in 4

Last night I went to a fabulous performance of a new piece of music called 'in 4'; a collaborative piece created by some very talented young people using music cells that were submitted by 40 composers from around the world. To fit in with the '4' theme the piece was played by 4 quartets. It was a great night, a full house, lots of energy & really great music. 

I didn't think I would,  but I've rejoined the photography group that I was part of last year and this months brief is "performance and stage".  Perfect timing. I took my camera along but I really struggle with low light, indoor photography. I think it is partly my camera and lens (I needed a wider aperture) but I'm also unsure of the settings that should be used. I took a lot of blurry shots and many that were  obscured by microphones and cords. These are the ones that were the least blurry. 





2 comments:

  1. these are great and well done for going back to your group, sounds a good thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the things you mentioned would be a great challenge for me as well. I think you did a great job capturing the energy of the performance.

    ReplyDelete