"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" Ansell Adams.

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

a project


























I think a project is always a good thing when trying to encourage creativity and a to find reason to pick up a camera. I've been playing around with the idea of doing a 365 (photo a day) but have always been a bit reluctant to commit for a whole year.

I think I have a solution that will work for me!

I'm going to do a 365, a month at a time. Starting on July 1 with a month of instant film. Each month it will be something different, something a bit challenging and something that I want to practice. I'm not sure what I'll do yet but I'm thinking things like black & white, portraits, etc???
Let me know if you have any good ideas.

I don't think I'll post them all here- perhaps a few favourites each month- I'll see as I go. I'm excited!
I took this instant film above on the weekend, it was my last film so I've ordered some more- ready to start in July.










4 comments:

  1. Challenging yourself with a project sounds like a wonderful idea. I always enjoy your "theme" posts - Ten on Ten for example - so I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I took on four 365 projects - and was never "perfect" in taking a photograph every day. But I learned so much from that commitment and don't regret for a minute the images that came out of that effort. I like your approach with a different challenge each month and I look forward to seeing the results. I SO admire your ability to create gorgeous images with instant film.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finished my 365 on my big camera on sunday, it is such a great thing to do I think and I really recommend it although I have no idea what to do next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a wonderful idea, Leanne, and I very much look forward to seeing what you do with this project!

    ReplyDelete