"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" Ansell Adams.

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

black and white at the beach

Last weekend we went to the beach. I normally love to photograph in colour {because the colours of a morning walk on the beach are beautiful} but lately I've been playing around with black and white. As part of my 365 {that i started here} I've decided to take a black and white photo a day in October. 

I was looking around for texture & pattern & light that i thought would work well in monochrome. I do love the idea of black and white but I don't feel I've mastered it yet! 



4 comments:

  1. Great project for the month. I've never done much black and white photography. You've shown me I need to try it more often! These are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shooting black and white is a skill all unto itself. What a great creative challenge you have set for yourself during October. Love the rocks, with their swirly patterns and textures. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enjoying your 365 of monthly challenges to yourself. This should be a good one! Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the patterns and texture of the rocks. This sounds a great project - please sure what you learn, I need B&W tips too. :)

    ReplyDelete