"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" Ansell Adams.

Thursday, January 28, 2016

January


January is nearly over and it has been full. I always arrive at this time of year ready to get back into  routine. I love summer holidays for so many reasons but there is a time that feels right to get back into the swing of life. We have had such unpredictable weather, hot, cold, rainy... so in some ways it hasn't felt like a long summer break (my husband always jokes that you can tell we're getting older because we talk about the weather). But it has been long. We've done a lot- had some good family time, some time at the beach, some catch up with friends, some cleaning out of stuff, BBQ's on our new deck, etc, etc

So, as I return to work and routine this week and next, I'm feeling ready (I've even started writing some lists).  I have a few little goals and  plans that will keep me busy- a new year is good for that kind of thing. My family will also be busy as they start on their new year routines as well. 

So, here's to the new year! 







6 comments:

  1. Uh oh, I must be getting old too (talking about the weather)!
    I am glad it was a good summer for you.
    We've actually had a VERY unusually mild winter here so far, but we still have all of February and March, and yes, sometimes even April, yet. :-)

    This photograph is just beautiful, Leanne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talking about the weather . . . could also mean that your British ;) it really has been all over the place though hasn't it? Have to say January is probably one of my least favorite months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love talking about the weather, but maybe that proves your point because I am (sort of) old. :-) But then I've always thought weather was interesting, though I know many people have no interest in it at all. Our winter, like Lisa Gordon's, has been very mild so far...but I'm still looking forward to spring when things will begin to grow again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best for the return to routine...it is a bitter sweet time leaving behind the slow of summer. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it great to have a plan and goals! look forward to seeing more of your 50 days too

    ReplyDelete