"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" Ansell Adams.

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

blue trees & wanderings

 Last Thursday I went to Pyrmont in the city  with my sister in law to check out an Art & About installation at Pirrama Park. So pleasant to wander around in an area of Sydney that I hadn't really spent much time in before.  The installation was very striking & unusual, the strong, bright blue trunks  definitely demanded our attention. I also love the ANZAC bridge (and bridges in general) so it was great to look at it from a different perspective.

"The Blue Trees is an environmental art installation that draws attention to global deforestation by turning living, breathing trees bright blue, demanding we notice them before the planet’s old forests are gone for good."  (more information here)




























5 comments:

  1. I love the blue trees, Leanne, and the idea behind it even more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leanne I haven't stopped in for a while so it was nice to catch up on some of your photos. I did Project 365 in 2009 and loved it. I still take photos most days but not strictly doing a 365 this year. Don't give up...keep going....I think your idea of the theme sounded good however like you say it limits you so if you see a nice flower in your garden blooming but it's buildings month...what then.....have you heard of or read "3191 Miles Apart" blog - it started out with "mornings" and then "evenings"....that gives you a lot of scope. Or then again, it's your project and maybe you have a "free for all month" to give you the boost you need to get through it. I loved the project....I made mine into a big canvas with my photos about 1.5 inches (like sort of a contact sheet) and it hangs in our dining room and we look at it all the time. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks great! what a lovely day

    ReplyDelete
  4. How interesting! It sounds like a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blue is certainly striking! Wonderful idea to bring notice to how so many of our trees are carelessly destroyed. I do like the last image a lot! It has so many contrasts in it! It's fascinating!

    ReplyDelete