"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" Ansell Adams.

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

art and cockatoo island

I decided to take advantage of the summer like weather this morning and caught a ferry to Cockatoo Island to check out the Biennale2016- the 20th Biennale to be held in Sydney in a number of locations. I always love to visit Cockatoo Island as its such an interesting place to wander around, whether there are art installations or not.

And this morning did not disappoint.  The sky was very blue, the weather was incredibly warm & there was plenty of colour & texture to catch my eye in the views,  the people & the interesting works of art .















































I've posted about the biennale  before in 2014 and in 2012, -its a great thing to do every 2 years. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what an amazing looking place. The installation with the beds looks very intriguing and those blue skies get me every time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a wonderful place, Leanne!
    And I love the name.
    I have a pet Umbrella Cockatoo. His name is Riley, and he is almost 15 years old now. He is an absolute love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting looking place! The visitors in that second photo are as colorful as the art in the last one. But like Becs, I'm intrigued by the bed installation, and those naked, slumping figures, too. I'm imagining they are ladies of "a certain age" like myself. Somehow I find that rather comforting.

    ReplyDelete