"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" Ansell Adams.

Monday, September 26, 2016

a long lens

I've been having some trouble with the lens on my camera that I usually use (17-85), so when I went into the city last week to meet Justine, I took my longer lens. It's 70-300mm. It was fun to look at things a little differently. I couldn't fit everything into the frame as I usually do. I really like the results.

I caught a ferry into Sydney Harbour and met Justine at Circular Quay. We decided to walk across the bridge & after wandering past Luna Park & having some lunch, we headed back across the bridge.













6 comments:

  1. These have a detailed and intimate feeling that's very appealing. You did better than I! I also went shooting with a longer lens that usual last week. After a few shots, I was so frustrated at not being able to get a wide enough view that I pulled out my phone and used that instead of my Nikon. Lesson learned: my prime lens really needs to be a wide angle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great, Leanne.
    Definitely a different perspective with this lens, but so nice all the same.
    I hope your lens is fixed and "all better" for you real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these perspectives, you have a lot more detail in your shots than I got

    ReplyDelete
  4. toby@mail.postmanllc.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that first image Leanne! I always tend to use the same lens, rarely use the one you have mentioned. You've inspired me to give it a go. Sydney is so pretty. Been years since I was there! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are great. I've been using my nifty fifty a lot lately, mainly because it's my lightest lens and my camera body is so darn heavy!!!

    ReplyDelete