"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" Ansell Adams.

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

taking stock #9

It's been about 6 months since I've done a 'taking stock' post so I thought I would be a good time to take a moment to reflect on how I've been spending my days, what I've been thinking about and  just life in general. I've also added a few random photos that I've taken over the last couple of weeks. 

 Making : photos, I'm trying to photograph daily so I can work out how to use my new camera (a Sony A7)
Cooking : according to a meal plan, trying to be organised -I think I'm making lamb burgers tonight (or maybe tomorrow night)
Drinking : water
Reading: "All the light we cannot see" by Anthony Doerr
Trawling: on line shopping sites for everything that I want/need
Wanting: a new watch- my old one is losing time
Looking: for costume ideas for an 80's trivia night that I'm going to
Deciding: which jobs on my list take priority
Wishing: for world peace (really!) 
Enjoying: being tucked up in bed on these colder mornings
Waiting: for slow responses to emails
Liking: technology- We're just working out how James can use an ipad for communication
Wondering: whether communication apps will work for him (looks promising so far) 
Loving: slow days
Pondering: my life- how best to spend my days


 Listening: to country music ( a bit unusual for me but we've been inspired by watching Nashville).
Considering: buying a new bed- our current one feels like it's not going to last. Not sure if it can be repaired.
Buying: a bread bin- our family seems to eat alot of bread!
Watching: Nashville, House of Cards & Offspring (depending on our mood & whether David is home) 
Hoping: that Charlie manages the next few weeks with lots of school assessments in his last year of school

Marvelling: at talented high school students- we went to a music recital night - Charlie was brilliant ( and the others were excellent too). So brave to perform in front of an audience.
Needing: to be a bit better with technology- I'm having a bit of trouble formatting this post. 
Wearing: gym gear- I've just taken Poppy for a walk
Noticing: that I'm getting a bit cold- I'll get changed into something warmer in a minute
Knowing: that I learn best by being shown how to do things. I'm going to check out some you tube videos to see if I can get some insight on my new camera
Thinking: always! a million things on my mind


Admiring: people who are comfortable in their own skin
Getting: frustrated with poor communication
Opening: email often
Feeling: hungry, or is it bored? 
Hearing: someone coming up the stairs
Celebrating: great performances in drama & music
Pretending: that I'm on top of everything
Embracing: family




Taking stock is inspired by Pip

No comments:

Post a Comment